01-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #1079
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Nothing like having my yard checked by a professional (close friend of the family) to see about weed treatment and soil nutrients, to have them let you know that the yard is 80-90% weeds (thanks to no upkeep for 20 years by previous 3 owners). He told us he could start, but it would take 2-3 years to get going, so we'd have a brown yard during that time.
Other fun fact is that we have no working irrigation for at least 20 years (thanks again previous owners). My wife and I are near the beach and plan to rent out the house in a couple years to by a bigger home, for a hopefully growing family.

We're trying to decide if it's worth my brother-in-laws and I ripping out everything, digging/installing new irrigation, and then re-sodding the entire yard. It would end up costing almost the same as having treatments for 2-3 yrs. To make it work, we'd have to re-do the irrigation either way.
Re-sodding is better than trying to rehab 80-90% weeds. I’m not sure that’s even possible. But then it will still need to be maintained to avoid turning back into the same thing. So many people in my neighborhood just gave up and live with weed lawns.
David701567.00