View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #3995
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Picked up my C2 today and it has the new teflon? mags? Will run a case of ammo through it this weekend when I return to work. All we have is Winchester 124gr FMJ and Ranger 127 gr +P+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Not trolling I am geniually curious, I had to Google to figure out what it was. What makes it a $2k pistol?
I was offered a job with them (formerly know as STI Guns). I did a tour of their facility. All their pistol are hand fitted and all their parts (but the barrels) are made in house, even the coating. Their coating process is pretty freaking neat. The attention to detail into fitting their parts are pretty strict. They have very good QA controls in place.

Now knowing their operation side of their business and what it cost of per gun, I don't think they are worth it. They are after a specific clientele beside law enforcement. They do make quality parts and they are mostly CNC parts but they used to make race guns and that went out the window because some internal issues. I have owned a few of their race guns and shot all their current line up. The only benefit they have is that you can get a double stack magazine but those magazine aren't cheap and usually need tuning.
Appreciate 2