View Single Post
      05-21-2020, 09:35 AM   #28
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Mower deck size depends as much on your yard layout as it does acreage if you ask me. I have a lot of trees, patios, gardens, outbuildings, and so on, which means a lot of driving around and between stuff. I got the 42" deck. If I had a big empty rectangle to mow I'd go bigger. Even with all that trimming I'm done pretty quickly.

Baggers: A requirement where I live. For me anyway a bagger is useless without a 'turbo' (or whatever your manufacturer calls it) blower fan to feed it. Stopping to clean a clogged bagger hose, even once, would nix it for me.

Mulchers: Living in the woods, I pick up literally tons of leaves every year. There's no way I could mulch them all. (My neighbor claims to do it but her yard is crap.) So I've always put a premium on bagging over mulching. I wish I could mulch during those times when I'm not picking up tons of leaves, but I haven't seen a deck that does both well.

I would think that battery powered trimmers and such would be pretty good for your typical suburban lawn scenarios. I'm more rural and run into stuff with larger diameters on a pretty regular basis, so I like the extra oomph a gas engine provides.

Forgot to mention that my generator is a Honda. If I did it over again today I might consider a Generac automatic system because they've dropped a lot in price. But once again, due to my rural situation, I don't want to be dependent on the propane truck. So the generator's a gas powered unit. I plug it into the house and throw a few breakers this way and that when we need it. Which is a couple of times a year. Because rural.
Appreciate 0