jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
And now for the challenge: Find that Super 8. Play it and take a photo of the screen with your cell phone. If there is a car in the photo, share it. If there is no car in the photo, share it anyway.

Kidding aside, I have been working on a photo project since the shut in. I'm converting old slides to digital by projecting the slides in the carousel onto the white screen and taking a photo with my dslr camera of the projected image on the screen. They are coming out great. In fact, the photo at the top of this thread was taken that way.

My next project is to project Super 8 movies and make a digital video recording from my camera and, voila, digital movies of old Super 8 rolls. Let's hope it works.
I've done kind of the same thing. My dad was an amateur photographer when he was in the Air Force, I have literally thousands of 35mm slides of his. I bought a digital scanner with a slide attachment and scanned around a thousand of them into digital format. It's amazing to me the detail 35mm will capture.