Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Is Yamazaki that much now? I bought a bottle about a decade ago for $60ish. It was okay for that price, but no where near worth $150.

I just find it lacking any real backbone. It was a great smell, color and initial flavor, but it has almost no aftertaste or mouthfeel. I'd take HP12 or RB any day for a third of the price. For $150 I'm going Red Dot or a Middleton whiskey.
Im not a big whiskey drinker, dont like Scotch at all, and dont like a peat taste, but for some reason i really enjoy the Yamazaki. I actually think it has a nice feel and aftertaste, but its very smooth vs hot and harsh that experience with high end scotch. And i only drink in the winter or if at a nice japanese restaurant.

My spirits drinks are single barrel jack and clase azul reposado, though im acquiring a taste for mezcal which could be dangerous!!
Oh, it's that exactly. I like my Scotch to push me around and call me names. But for a great, smooth, easy Scotch, Yama is quite good. I just don't like the price creep, but that's going on everywhere right now.

I'm a big Mezcal fan, trying the Alipus varieties currently, but try different brands when we're out. Haven't tried the Clas Azul yet, but will likely grab a bottle soon.
Appreciate 0