View Single Post
      12-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #29
danbk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SMB M6 Convertible

hey guys, sorry for the no reply since this problem occurred. It has been a stressful one. The car had its engine replaced ($42k invoice) courtesy of BMW. I did have to pay about 8-9k out of pocket for the repair. I have been with BMW since 2010, So I have been a very loyal BMW customer, and have established a good relationship with my dealer. Dealer had car for 2 months approx. Brand New Re-manaf engine replaced with 2 year warranty. The car never drove the same, and has been giving me misc issues all across since, which I have fixed. The N63 did have a promo on their new engines for like $2500 new re-manaf I rememeber on the 50I engines, as the gaskets all went on those engines. See if those are still available. But I would honestly just buy a used motor low miles, swap the rod bearings since the motor is out already(most probably what caused the seize, unless you just never topped off oil). Change oil pump, and have it done ONLY in a common tuner BMW repair shop, such as autocouture in NJ. Sorry for your motor, it happens, BMW!
Appreciate 0