View Single Post
      02-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #1
Mspired
CarGeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Drivetrain Malfunction - DME related?

Greeting folks.. I've done a little searching and come across a number of drivetrain malfunction threads and posts, but so many different responses. Figured I'd share mine to see if anyone can relate or has helpful feedback.

Car is 2014 CP M6 - 40k miles. I've had the car for 6 months. 6k miles put on it of normal driving. Occasional hard pulls.

Last weekly, I came through the toll booth and accelerated kinda hard to 70mph, a car cut in my lane and I had to brake pretty hard. Upon pressing the gas again, the drivetrain malfunction warning came on. Car loss power and sounded a little off. I took it to the dealership and they initially said they want to change coil 3 and 4, along with the spark plugs. Change that, then they say it looks like injector 3 needs to be replaced. Change that and the car is still giving the DM error. They then say, one of the dme's needs to be replaced. Said they switched them which then cleared the cylinder 3 issue, but now the issue was in cylinder 6. So they are saying the dme is the issue. Additionally, they say my car is giving their system feedback of a possible tune. I never tuned the car, so if it is, it was tuned by the last owner. But the car does not feel tuned. (sounds crazy to say lol).

So curious if anyone has experience anything similar or might have some feedback to share. I appreciate it. Thanks.
Appreciate 0