09-11-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
Adblue
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

2020 M50D - IAS confusion.

Hi,

I've been driving G30 520D Xdrive Touring for past 3 years and I am now about to change to X5 M50D from 2020 (which is the only fun version available where I live).

I like the sound first and foremost and that's pretty much the only reason why I am pushing for this model instead of going for 45e which will cost me 8x less in road tax per year.

I already picked one model that I will purchase and I am bit confused regarding one option it has which I would like to have which is the Integral Active Steering - which means rear axle turns.

Long story short the dealer provided me with 2 documents confirming the spec one being their BMW internal system where it's listed as 2VH Integral Active Steering and the other one which is just a standard PDF document and it's listed there as option 02VH Integral active front steering. Is this the same thing ? I did turn the wheel while parked to see if rear wheels moved but they didn't. I did turn the wheel left and right while driving around 15-20km or so and the car felt very nimble almost like a snake so I would imagine that was it in action. I did ask dealer few time to confirm that it does come with IAS.

So is that just an error in naming ?
Appreciate 0