View Single Post
      12-23-2023, 09:43 AM   #7
Jfurnas
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F06 M

I recently bought a 14 gc with ccb’s and love it. Like you I went back and forth for awhile and did a lot of reading on these forums. From my understanding, if you don’t abuse them, they will last a very long time.
Pros: Increased stopping power and initial bite is great. They look amazing and really fill up the wheel openings. Much lighter than stock and last but not least…almost zero dust!
Cons: They are noisy,especially when cold. They are race brakes and not best suited for the casual cruiser. You will have to care for them by doing a few “aggressive” stops when cold or if they get wet and dry without any aggressive stops. Replacement cost is insane. If anything catastrophic happens I wouldn’t replace them, I would source a different/custom made brake package.

For me, I sold a circle track race car and got the M6 for weekends and nice summer days and the ccb’s only add to joy it brings me. I tested one without and the ccb’s just enhance the experience of the M6. Not quite like being on track, but closer for sure.
Appreciate 0