The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Car will go in after the weekend, but I had to settle a few things in my mind which was which code(s) were the cause and which were a consequence of the altered running of the car and/or various sensors.
First I measured the battery voltage - 12.4 V
When I went to measure the battery voltage via my Foxwell scanner, it would not give a value for it stated an IBS fault not allowing battery data to go to the DME controller and subsequently my scanner.
Car starts and idle clean and smooth. The only DTC that came up was a D35476/Intermittent. This is a torque crankshaft invalid signal. The description given for this code is as follows from a look up of BMW codes:

‘The control units exchange information via the bus.
An "interface error" (invalid signal) is stored when urgently required signals are only received in the form of a substitute value or as an "invalid signal".
The fault is logged when the partner control unit (=interface) transmits a substitute value or a value designated as invalid instead of the required information. In this case, a fault code should also be stored in the corresponding partner control unit.’

The BMW service plan for this fault is as follows:

‘Work through all stored faults of the partner control unit according to the test plan.
Especially faults that affect the vicinity of the partner control unit (e.g. connected sensor system).
These types of faults are consequential faults.
If there are no further test modules in the test plan then no further repair measures are required.’

Additional service note:

‘The fault is not in the control unit that records the interface fault. For this reason the control unit must not be replaced.’

This narrows the hunting field down considerably. At least I can speak with some knowledge of the situation and not be rolled over by allowing/paying for time on a gigantic hunt of things not needed.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 0