View Single Post
      02-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #75
PawnStar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: twin turbo 6 with frunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
Do as you will with your money, but $120k isn't buying you much of an Aston or Porsche. I won't even go into Maserati's as I think that while they're great looking, they're garbage.

LOL, have you ever bought a Porsche? Do you know how quickly options add up? Go to the online configurator. PDK alone will set you back $4k. I was at a dealer invite unveiling for the new Carrera S, and all the cars there with options were well over $120k.
I know a thing or two about configuring a Porsche. The cars you saw at the 991 'VIP' event were all 'launch cars', highly optioned examples of what's available, yet the configurations Porsche sells very few of.

Even at base MSRP of 96400 for the new Carrera S you get a fantastic car with a ton of equipment, a car that is bigger yet lighter, more powerful yet more efficient, with more standard equipment yet less pricey than the car it replaces. To me, that's true engineering prowess and progress. Can the same be said about the new M6? Not to mention Carerra's reasonable cost to own, due to a heavy demand in the used market which drives up resale prices. Anyone considering spending 120k on a car is going to come to a similar conclusion - BMW has been drinking a lot of their own Kool Aid lately.

Last edited by PawnStar; 02-15-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0