05-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #20
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Not exactly!
First of all do you have the trap speed for this particular M6 with 740 HP?
First off, I doubt the 740hp quote.

Assuming 12% DT loss that would be 650whp. That would have to be 650whp SAE (not the higher reading STD) correction factor and repeatable. To be fair it should also be on an unbiased 3rd party dyno. Preferrably one that other known cars were dyno'ed on to have a reference point.

I read about a lot of different cars on a lot of different forum. We all know there are a lot of high reading dynos. Especially vendor owned dyno's. I'm not going to name names, but if you read very much you already know of some examples.

I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just trying to keep us all honest. I'd be the first to congratulate anyone with a repeatable, SAE corrected, 650whp from a known realistic dyno.

Second, re-read my post. Of course I don't know the trap speed for this particular M6. It is unlikely, however, that this car traps 5mph faster than the two fastest documented trap speeds on this forum. HIGHLY unlikely. It's more likely that it's trap speeds are very similar to other cars with similar mods. Cars with similar mods seem to be trapping 125-128 (admittedly the number of data points remain low)…. but 133 would put this car WAY off the bell curve.

Finally… perform 100 roll races with different cars with known trap speeds. Barring irregularities including but not limited to wheel spin, incorrect initial gear, missed shift, or bouncing off the limiter… the car that traps higher will win the vast majority of the time. Not every time but the lion share. Trap speed is the single best indicator of performance in a roll race beginning at typical speeds i.e. 30-70mph.
Appreciate 0