04-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #895
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapakanichi View Post
I would call Scotts or look online to see if thats normal.

However, you did an amazing job! It looks great!
Scotts must be getting blasted with everyone doing their essential yard work. I hung up after being on hold for so long and tried their texting option with no response. I'm hoping after it sees some sun for some days that it will start to blend better. If not, I'm going to have to go buy the Vigoro stuff I have on the other side of the house for a "top dressing." Thanks for the comment! It was some hard work pulling up so many shrubs and bushes AND about 5 or so inches of pine straw from the previous owners. It was a nightmare with no maintenance. Really happy with how the edging turned out, though.

In looking at the second picture I posted, I think I want to plant a citrus tree in that open area to the right of the front door. I'd classify that spot as partial sun with the house blocking it in the mornings (front of the house faces due north) and decent sun in the afternoons. We're in a 8b zone for what it's worth. I'd really like a it to mature around 12 feet in height at the max. I was thinking a blood orange would be pretty cool and seem to be keen to partial sun. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations (that's not a lemon tree)?
Appreciate 0