08-14-2022, 08:44 AM   #36
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Here's another one:

My former next door neighbor was arrested for insurance fraud. He took money for a workers comp policy and never placed it. Then someone got hurt operating a crane and there was no policy. A week after he was arrested (which we didn't hear about until a lot later), he was in our house for my wife's birthday party and I distinctly remember talking to him about work and how well his business was going. No shit - keep money no expense. Well, other than the arrest. He kept driving out every morning and waving like he was going to work even through his insurance license was suspended.

A couple of years later, our doorbell rang and the police were looking for him. I realized I hadn't seen him in a while. He didn't show up to a hearing and became a fugitive. The officer told me this wasn't the first time he had to track this guy down. The first time, he said the guy was hiding under the bed and he had to pull him out by his leg. I think the officer went around telling that story to everyone who opened the door.

The house was eventually foreclosed but they got a huge cash settlement from insurance for a hurricane claim and never replaced the roof and they stayed in that house for over 7 years before finally getting booted out.
I couldn’t imagine running like that all the time regardless how much money I got from it
Appreciate 0