08-13-2022, 10:05 AM   #26
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post

A woman bought the house next to us about 7 yrs ago and I was talking to her as she gardened one Sat afternoon. She told me she was anti social but then really opened up after that statement, which I found interesting. She told me about growing up in Germany and her Mom being an alcoholic. She worked for Disney for many years - as an artist - she drew up the rides and exhibits (amazing) - and owned several rental homes in the area. She was really good at landscaping I noticed - arranging various plants around the home. We had a really nice and interestingly transparent conversation. She was widowed I believe. I never spoke to her again - as she only appeared on very rare occasions to visit her daughter who would live in the home. Then, in about a years time random cars began to show up at the house for 20 mins and leave. This went on at all hours of the day and night. Having been born and raised in the area these cars seemed out of place as did the drivers. My first born sons room was closest to that side of the yard so I would see these rando people walk to the house and leave. Eventually I caught on to what the daughter was doing, and decided I didn't like that element present next to our home where I was raising my family. I got in touch with a drug enforcement unit. Then, one morning as I was driving my son to preschool - the daughter ran through a stop sign as I approached the same intersection, ashing her cigarette out of the sun roof at about double the speed limit. This sent a chill up my spine for a variety of reasons. A week later I'm driving home at 8am after dropping off my son at preschool and the daughters car is on parked oddly in her yard, the car is still running and she's in the car slouched over. I decide to text the officer and they respond "be there in 5." I peak out of a window after taking a shower and getting dressed and the daughter is in cuffs with 5 squad cars in her driveway. Turns out they find coke, pills etc etc - notebook with transactions.

Our other neighbor is a lawyer and told me not only was she now in jail she had a long wrap sheet.
I was told my house was a grow house before I bought it. Owner got raided one day. Luckily the house basically gutted and redone inside when we bought it. Not sure if it was the original owner or if it was bought by an investment group who redid it but I'm sure it was an exciting day for the neighbors when swat showed up.
Appreciate 3
Tommy-G4490.50
RickFLM410981.00