08-12-2022, 06:13 PM   #23
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Hard to say as I'm anti-social as fuck so. However in FL we have lived in the same community for 12 years. I've only really talked to the neighbor across the street because he's a social butterfly and seems to know everyone in the community. Everyone that walks down the street stops to talk with him if he's outside. So he's always coming over to talk to me when I'm doing stuff outside. The other neighbors I have never spoken to except one who decided to talk to me for the first time maybe like 1 or 2 years ago when I was outside working on something. Since then haven't really talked to him any more but we do wave when we see each other.

They do have community events for holidays and what not, but like I said, I'm anti-social and have never been to any of them. Some people wave, some don't, but overall most people in the community seem friendly enough.

In NC I can only see the neighbors house on one side which also happens to be the family of the lady we purchased the house from and she also lives there now. We are friendly enough, we don't hang out or anything but we wave and small talk every so often. The neighbor across the street I have never seen. I'm told it's an elderly man and I see people come visit him and take care of his property but I have never seen him or spoken to him. I cannot see any of the other neighbors and have never spoken with them.

I will say people out in the wild seem friendlier in NC than they do in FL (at least my specific areas). Like out at the stores, restaurants etc. Lot's of grumpy old people and very loud obnoxious people from NY in my part of FL.
What a coincidence. Our town crier lives across the street too. Very nice guy and keeps me posted.