07-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #17
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I find it odd/funny that DVD movie capability is enabled in the US market (or any market) that can only be utilized while parked. I look at it as a function without a purpose.

Who sits in a car for over an hour watching a movie in a parked car on a little screen? And you'll probably drain the battery if the engine isn't running or started periodically...which wastes gas. I don't get it...so apparently this feature wasn't targeted towards someone like me.

Coding the DVD in motion...now that makes sense...but still kind of dangerous if the driver is in the car alone and is trying to watch a movie while negotiating traffic.
Agreed. Older BMWs (maybe even current ones in other markets?) also had TV tuner options. I always laughed at this - who's watching movies and TV on their navigation screen? Please point them out so I can stay FAR away from them on the road.

Video entertainment should be kept to the back seats!
Appreciate 1