View Single Post
      10-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #14
tliartis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
my 2015 LCI 650 coupe has never been a problem. i did have to replace the spark plugs earlier this year when I got a 'reduced performance' re a misfire that occurred. ironically plugs were fouled from not driving the car enough.... mine never needs oil at all between annual services, it doesn't have many klms though 43k klms I'm not sure what that is in miles.
so long as the car checks out in a PPI done by a reputable outfit you should be fine with the later N63TU engines. I would say i always use the highest octane fuel here in Australia that's BP or Shell 98 RON. Never use fuel with ethanol or lower grades if you can help it. I've spoken to many mechanical people who suggest poor quality fuels, high ethanol content fuels and low oct are just not good for these engines, they really don't like it.
good luck hope you find the 6 series you like, they are fabulous looking and preforming cars!
Thanks everyone. Actually I have to change my profile. I'm in Charleston, SC now. I'm going up to look at the car Saturday. 5 hrs each way, ugh. If I like it I'll have an inspection done by the BMW dealership. They asked if I want a compression test. It's like $400, so it's not cheap, but may seem worth the price. Thoughts? Also, any thoughts on this interior, some times I love it and others it's too much. I guess I'll know for sure Saturday! Exterior is silver.

Appreciate 0