View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

Thanks guys!! Sorry if I was unclear...

I don’t want to change exhaust from cats back at all... only considering down pipes, and only to high flo catted ones. I had really good experience with the AR Design ones on my 535i years back, still could pass emissions testing without issue, and had only a negligible effect on the exhaust note.

Now reading up on folks who have done down pipes on the n63tu, I’ve come across everything from claims of no effect on sound to significant effects on sound... kind of why I posted this in the first place... hoping someone has the same mod design goals as me, and accomplished great things :-)

Looks like the bm3 allows you to tune the exhaust via burble configurations, differentiation between sport and sport+ mode, but the more I watch vids (almost all n55,s55, etc) seems like you have to go by trial and error to not affect the comfort/ecoplus exhaust sound inadvertently.

Basically this, in eco and comfort settings, I’d like no noticeable change outside the cabin... or as close to that as possible. In sport/sport +, exhaust can sound louder/more aggressive without getting obnoxious... I’m pretty sure I can accomplish this stage 1, even if I can’t get the tune right I can switch between stock and stage 1 tunes in just a couple minutes and I’m good to go.

Anyone with catted AR Design DPs on n63tu that can attest to exhaust note effect? Or maybe even have a sound clip?

My next thought was to explore and compare effect on turbo performance from charge pipe upgrades vs DPs, and what effect on exhaust note charge pipe might have?

I know I could do FMIC and keep sleeper status... don’t care about sleeper status when I’m WOT!

Hope this clarifies a bit
Appreciate 0