c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Least or most? Before I decided on the R8, I was looking at 992 GT3s and every option felt like a swift kick to the face. Ultimately, the only thing that stopped me were wait times/mark ups but Porsche options were brutal.
I looked at the R8 and it's a relative bargain compared to the Lambo version.

I agree Porsche loves ala carte a lot, but on the flip side you aren't paying for options you don't want either. If you want the lightest and least expensive version, you can have it.

The R8 is more of a grand tourer for someone who wants all the creature comforts. The 911 can be that car too or it can be more of a sports car. With that said, the 911 is also becoming more of a grand tourer, so I can understand why you'd expect more luxury features in a 911.

But if you compare performance figures between the R8 and 911, you probably only need a 911 4S to be comparable vs buying a Turbo or GT3. And the GT3 is really a completely different car that I wouldn't cross shop an R8 with to begin with. There's a reason why cars like the GT4 and GT3 etc do not provide certain options...because they are the true sports cars of the Porsche range.

The 718 is more of the non-GT sports car now for Porsche.
Appreciate 0