View Single Post
      10-05-2021, 01:49 PM   #19
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog2964 View Post
Has anyone actually had a dash fixed? I have the issue on my wifes SL500 and is to the point where it really is noticeable and whenever i ask the mechanic for a recommendation, they have none, or just say that would be a very time consuming, expensive job...
Your mechanic is correct, although a mechanic is not really the best person to ask about that problem. It will almost certainly be a big undertaking regardless of the details, and expensive if you are not a capable DIY type. There are so many variables it is hard to say, at least w/o good pictures. One variable is how difficult the dash is to remove. That varies widely by car and brand. I can't comment on an SL500. A second variable is what the material is. A third variable is what caused it to delaminate. This may be the biggest issue. If it pulled it itself off because the material shrunk then it may not be possible to get it to lay back down no matter what. If it is simply glue failure then it may be repairable. Your best bet is to consult with a few local trim shops.
Appreciate 0