View Single Post
      06-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
DMarks57
Rep
Drives: 2013 650iX GC

I've personally gone through 3 summer tires and 1 of my winter tires. Talking with Discount Tires and it's a BIG deal on both 19 & 20" wheels. I have had one "hard" impact and the rest were modest to average pot holes and one was on a bridge expansion joint.

I have a friend at work who has a 2013 650ix convertible with the same 20" wheels and has gone through more than me. It's a big deal...not a gross overstatement.

There was a Class Action Lawsuit that was settled in 2010 on 2006-07 BMW's and I wouldn't be surprised if another one's brewing. Here's a link to a Consumer Reports article on the Run Flats: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...ires/index.htm

The run flats suck...the ride...the noise...the cost and the handling. All they give you is the ability to drive 50 miles to buy another overpriced/fragile replacement.

I worked with my guy and Discount Tires and purchased an closeout wheel that fits the car and then bought a jack and tire iron to carry in the trunk.

This way I have a little piece of mind and don't have to worry about getting stranded and calling roadside assistance on a regular basis.

The good news....I can still fit my set of golf clubs in the trunk.

Can't understand how BMW chose this design on a car that stickered over $100K!
Appreciate 0