03-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarks57 View Post
* Spare Tire - Right now I'm planning on buying a full sized 20" spare ***(required with XDrive)*** and carry a front wheel size of the standard staggered size set-up. I have not been able to locate a 20" space saving spare setup and welcome any input from the forum.
I'm not sure if the premise you're holding is correct. What xDrive requires is to have wheel/tire combos that have the same overall rolling diameter/circumference...which means any of the BMW recommended tire sizes BMW mentions in the F06 owners manual and tire inflation chart on the door will all be within the allowable 3% (+/-) specification.

The list of BMW recommended tire sizes in the owners manual and the tire inflation label on the driver's door jamb...should give you a good reference as to other wheel/tire sizes you can use. You should be able to mount the wheel/tire combos below (verify with your own owners manual or inflation label on the door)...and they will be within the allowable 3% spec of your 20" wheel tire combo:
  • 18" wheel with a 245/45/18 tire
  • 19" wheel with a 245/40/19 tire

BTW...an 18" or 19" wheel and tire combo will usually be narrower and cost less, too...thus taking up less "vertical" space in the trunk This is another reason to consider an 18" or 19" spare...hopefully it will never be used...or if used...only briefly.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-27-2018 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0