Thread: Confess here
View Single Post
      01-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #4883
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I confess I'm pretty excited for my wife's manual Jeep Wrangler Rubicon to arrive. I've never before been this excited to drive any of my wife's choices in vehicles and it feels really odd.

Plus the dealer just emailed me the invoice sheet to sign and somewhere (though I can't figure out exactly where - none of my options are missing, and MSRP is the same, discount is a little higher than I remember, but not enough to explain it as it is maybe up $40), somewhere they made a mistake.

Either on that invoice or the verbal deal we reached days earlier. But either way, the invoice they just emailed me to sign has my monthly payments coming in at $14 less per month than what I negotiated, so I'm chalking that approximately $500 over the term to be another unexpected win...a small one, but pleasurable nonetheless. So I'll sign once I get my wife to look at it as well to make sure I'm not missing something, and then request a copy of the sheet signed by everyone so that I have it in my possession.

In general, my confession is that I love to negotiate with car dealerships and see what I can get out of them. My wife sat through one negotiation 10 years ago and felt so bad for the guy that she refuses to come with me anymore...I don't mind, I prefer to be alone and not have to worry about what someone else might say. She likes the deals I get though, she has no issues with those lol.
Appreciate 2