View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 07:14 AM   #221
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
there's only 6% Humic in the RGS which as you know the RGS is for Root Growth stimulant whereas with conjunction with Humic12 which has 12% which helps with your soil amendment as well as increased nutrient uptake for the grass. really in a nutshell from what I learned with Humic Acid is it's all part of allowing the grass to survive hot summers and less water because of the Humic. The RGS helps allow the roots to grow deeper into the soil to access the micro nutrients and water to also survive the hot summers.

Pete from GCI does have some nice grass seed which i'll be using here in the fall for overseeding. I like his tall fescue and his grass seems to do very well. tho pretty pricey it's not too bad compared to where Ryan Knorr, Jake and Allyn Hayne buys some of there seed from "The Super Seed Store" they are really pricey on their fescues. I had a smaller lot out from that I wiped out due to some tall clumping fescues which really got annoying when mowing but I ended up going to my local nursery and picking up their variety of tall fescue. i'm not a fan of rye grass.

I would just spot spray those dandelions or if it's really bad do a blanket treatment. I use Spectrecide from Menards. does the job and I buy the concentrated bottle which gives me more product for the season.
Yeah, I checked out some other places including the Super Seed Store. By comparison...GCI wasn't bad so I sprung for 3 bags.

Turns out that Lesco starter fert isn't readily available near me but is half the price at a HD 30 min from work. Guess I'll make the drive after work. Amazon has it for at twice the cost.

I will say, LT or not....I am not looking forward to spreading topsoil or sphagnum peat over all the seeds.