View Single Post
      05-31-2020, 09:08 AM   #69
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

This whole thread has me chuckling a bit. I live in a neighborhood with an HOA and I would not want it any other way unless I lived on a large piece of property. I am also on the HOA board which is an elected position. I also like to point out that no board member gets paid a dime for their time. The HOA and the board of the HOA is there for one reason only. To protect the home values of the residents based on the covenants which have been established. As a board we do not pick and choose which of the covenants we are going to enforce or ignore. This creates way to much ambiguity and could show some type of favoritism. So when we review violations which are brought to us by our management company we always look at them objectively and when we are on the fence the last question we ask is, "does this retract from other residents home value?" I will say we have more issues with rental properties than we do the others. Thankfully we do not offer lawn care as an option as the lots are too big ranging from 1 acre to 12 acres in size.

I laugh my ass off when we are accused of being power hungry. Not a single member of our board needs power. I can also assure you that the last thing I "want" to do is deal with an ARC request or covenant violation. There is a million other things I would rather do with my time. That said, we will not give in to shit heads. We will stack fines on your until you get your shit straight and eventually put a lien on your property to ensure the residents are compensated for your selfishness.

Don't even get me started on people poaching fish from our lakes.

My advice is that if you don't like covenant neighborhoods then don't buy a house (rent) within one. We love ours!
Appreciate 4
dmatre664.50
RickFLM410971.00
King Rudi13154.00