View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 04:12 AM   #8
elvisisdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 MSport 2013/09

Anyone know if there is a similar cover for the drivers side (UK)?

I did the above to my car recently as my neighbour has a sycamore tree that likes to deposit is seeds and leaves over my cars. These perfectly fill the drainage holes do can make a right mess.

Some additional pictures to add to the ones above if people are struggling to see locations:

The cover is located at the back of the engine bay on the firewall:

Removed it looks like this:

What I found:

I found removing the top of the airbox for blower fan housing gave me enough room to clean out the leaves and remove some sound deadening trim (to dry out). My five year olds hands would have been much better suited to getting down in this region, but with a lot of swearing and removal of skin I managed to get my hand into points where I could extract the leaves and other debris. While the cover plate was off the yellow grommet area I flashed it through with several litres of water to I could feel no more leaves and everything was draining from where it should be.

Send a frustrating design to me, would make more sense to make the gully perforations smaller and better sealing up to do the problem doesn't move down into very hard to reach areas.
Appreciate 0