TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
I can definitely understand why you made that selection with the Frozen Grey color.

I have 2 questions

I am trying to decide between allover PPF or allover ceramic. I am leaning towards the ceramic because I park outdoors and the car faces Southwest and it is bombarded with the killer south Florida sun all afternoon and also it has absolutely no protection from the heavy rain we can receive. What are the pros and cons of each based on my parking environment?

Also I can’t wash the car myself as my condo association doesn’t allow it so I have to go to a commercial car wash. Lately I have been taking advantage of my dealer’s free wash at their service center because I am always in the neighborhood. Will a machine wash like that cause any issues with either PPF or ceramic?
From what I know, auto carwash means it may void the ceramic coating warranty. I do know the ceramic, I even did the rims, makes washing a breeze and really quick. Bird doo slides right off. I'm sure the PPF is the same, but it adds rock chip protection to protect the paint.
Appreciate 0