View Single Post
      04-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #8
nestorps23
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
According to the BMW M Registry, there were only 103 3-pedal F06 M6 ever made--another 80 in the F12 M6 and 68 more in the F13 M6. They were only available in the North American market. As Flying Ace mentions, the MT was available in all MY, although after the LCI in MY 2016, the manual transmission was designated incompatible with the competition package.

In any year and any body style, the MT is very, very rare, and that is in a car that is already uncommon in any configuration. But if you just have to have the manual, I get it. I have one and I'm never giving it up. (However, this is like insisting on a horse in the age of tanks. The DCT is faster and in many ways better matched to the M6's tremendous power, even if it cannot offer the same engagement and obviates the craft skills demanded by the third pedal.) The vast majority of buyers went with the DCT, and that is reflected in the used market. The MTs do come around from time to time though, and if you really need one, you will be able to find it eventually. Good luck!
Thank you very much! this is really helpful!

I learned how to drive in MT, and daily commuter has always been a MT. Trying to upgrade the daily commuter a bit.
Appreciate 0