View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
From all the other intakes, power gain even with tune is around 10-15 advertised. Since there's not much design difference besides material, I would say maybe around that or less. I've been told by my tuner that it does help the breathing in mid to high rpm when WOT.

So it took me a couple hours and scraped up from fingertips to forearms.... they're installed. Removing the stock plastic snorkel elbows under the hood latches and pulling the new tube to have enough room to fit the intake filters were the most challenging. I was discouraged a couple times.
Went for a drive.... in comfort mode, you don't hear it really.... but once you put in sport+, sounds just like the videos. I wouldn't worry about "rain", it's pretty far back against the radiator. Like any other car with these kinda intakes, unless you're submerging the filter in water, you're gonna be fine.
Yeah, RK reported something like 20-30whp? May be a bit of a stretch, but getting cold air through our turbos is key - so anything that can contribute to this will allow us to run peak power more consistently rather than more power per se.

Seems like a few people reported a bit of struggle removing the stock snorkels. Nonetheless, job complete and it looks great! Sure it sounds even better. Enjoy
Appreciate 1
benacto348.00