View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #7
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Nice!! Other than sound (and they do sound great) does anyone know if these intakes actually add power? Specifically to a stage 2+ car? I’ll be adding charge coolers in a couple of months but was still on the fence about the intakes. If sound is mostly what you pay for, I’ll pass..Also a concern is with them getting wet..
From all the other intakes, power gain even with tune is around 10-15 advertised. Since there's not much design difference besides material, I would say maybe around that or less. I've been told by my tuner that it does help the breathing in mid to high rpm when WOT.

So it took me a couple hours and scraped up from fingertips to forearms.... they're installed. Removing the stock plastic snorkel elbows under the hood latches and pulling the new tube to have enough room to fit the intake filters were the most challenging. I was discouraged a couple times.
Went for a drive.... in comfort mode, you don't hear it really.... but once you put in sport+, sounds just like the videos. I wouldn't worry about "rain", it's pretty far back against the radiator. Like any other car with these kinda intakes, unless you're submerging the filter in water, you're gonna be fine.
Attached Images