View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #33
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Update: Dealer has declined to refund me the cost of the light because I bought the replacement on the 24th of February. I called BMWUSA and they said I need to take ti up with the dealer, that I should request an exception. I placed a call and sent some emails to show the timeline on when I found out about the recall.
Have you had the official recall letter through the post from BMW? There's a whole page specifically for customer reimbursement; for those who paid out of pocket for this repair. I can scan my copy up if that's useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Every time I go to the dealer I end up with some sort of new wonderful flaw that was not part of the deal...Thinking about skipping out on this one and leaving it for the next owner to do or not to do.
Maybe try another dealer if that's possible? I shopped around a few dealers in my area until I settled on one where they really looked after me, and were also significantly cheaper.

I have mine booked in for tomorrow + some warranty work, will update on how it goes!
Appreciate 1