View Single Post
      09-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #14
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Fair. But lets not assume on risking my life and that of my family if i choose something besides mp4s. Part of the reason those are great is their performance for a high HP vehicle - cornering, eliminating the tires spinning on 2nd etc. there are many folks on the bmw forum (m3s included) that are using falkens and very happy. Likely i will go with the mp4s regardless but the roads here are awful, potholes everywhere, and traffic. I can barely find enough open road to go 75!

Appreciate the feedback!
Agree that MP4S are not the only good tire out there. I just am very wary of tires that I don't have independent, verifiable experience/reviews. Chinese tires are out of the question for me. I'm not a big fan of the Japanese tires either (Falken, Yokohama, Sumitomo, etc). I've rarely had good experience with Goodyear. Good with Bridgestone winters, not all else. Good with Michelin AS 3+ and Conti DWS 06 (only all seasons I would use). Good with the MP4s, PSS, DW for summers. Good to average with Pirelli PZero Corsa.

Anyway, I could keep going. Bottom line is look at the reviews from many sources and see how did they review the tires. When in doubt, skip the tire. If you are literally buying a tire for "Sunday Strolling" type of driving in normal weather, the Falkens may be just fine.
Appreciate 0