Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
As a 6er owner, I appreciate the attention to detail and luxury of this car as it goes beyond anything else BMW has ever done. Practicality was very low on the list when making decisions about this car (i.e. no backseat space at all). This car is all about luxury and performance. They did that brilliantly, and the cloth roof promotes that
I think this analysis is mostly correct. When it comes to practicality however, the car is not as bad as one might think.
I believe BMW did put a lot of effort to make the new 6er more practical than the old. More driver assistance systems, larger trunk (acceptable even in the vert), a little more space in the rear seats (and as we have learnt on this forum it is acceptable in world markets where people don't grow to 6 or 7'), easy everday handling with adptive drive and integral active steering etc.

This does not change the reason why BMW chose the soft top over a hard top for the 6 series. This was a wise decision, allthough I personally would have bought the convertible anyhow. But being the way it is, it's even better looking.

Last edited by Superspeed; 03-25-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0