View Single Post
      05-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #175
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Come on...its really not that complicated....that some teams were circumventing the static loads tests doesn't make their cars legal.
So you imply that you know better than the FIA...
What a surprise

Quote:
In the same way that Ferrari somehow cheated the fuel flow regulations by altering the output data of the fuel flow sensor didn't make their car legal even though the FIA couldn't figure how they were doing it.
This is different. It's not that the FIA cant figure out the stiffness of the RB rear wing. It's not that the FIA can't proove something in case of the RB rear wing. RB isn't 'circumventing' any tests. They pass each test as they now stand. It's just that the FIA (or better said: mercedes) thinks that the specs of the tests arent stringent enough.
I cant believe that you think something like that is the same.

And like I said:
"The FIA did not suggest any particular team was breaking the rules when informing the 10 squads of the new tests, which come into force on June 15." according to www.formula1.com

The FIA's current standpoint is that no team is breaking the rules of tests as they now stand.
They are going to change the procedure how rigidness of wings are tested, making the specs of the tests more stringent and give teams the time to adapt.
Doesn't that say all? What don't you understand about these actions?
It means that until those tests are changed and date is set to meet those tests, none of the cars have illegal wings regarding this issue.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-18-2021 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60145.00