Thread: Yard freaks
View Single Post
      06-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #536
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Man...I am building a hoard of lawn fertilizers in my basement atm. Was going to do a light late spring/early summer feeding but the weeds popping up in the backyard are insane. I think it is mostly black medic and, I think, oxalis. Bought a fert (okay...3x 50lb bags) 25-0-5 that contained Dimension but the app rate is 5.5+ lbs (of product). I don't want to put anywhere near that much N down now (came out to around 1.3lbs/1000sq ft) but didn't want to run lighter since I don't know how much it would diminish the effect of Dimension. Really, I was avoiding having to backpack soray all 20,000sq ft if back yard. I'll save the fert/Dimension for next spring as a 2nd feeding and pre-M application.

That said, I ordered the liquid/concentrate form of Dimension. I'll apply one of the 4 bags of Carbon-X at a low rate (around .5lbs of N per 1000sq ft) this weekend. I was going to spoon feed RGS anyways so at least that is covered. I'll use my blue dye to keep track of where I sprayed the Dimension.

I put down that Green Yard fert in the front along w/ about 3-4oz if RGS mixed w/ about 1oz of bifenthrin (started to see white moths pops up) in the front yard this past weekend. I always get nervous using the backpack sprayer and wide-angle fan wand tip since I can't tell how much gets to the ground vs landing on grass blades and drying. It isn't feasible to use a hose-ejd sprayer on a large yard. I watered it in after I was done and we got some medium spurt of light rain late Saturday and again on Sunday.

I have 80lbs of Sevin Insect killer waiting to down in the back yard (vice the spray app of bifenthrin in the front/side yards). I'll run that this weekend after I out down a light app of Carbon-X (1 bag for the whole backyard...so about .5lbs/1000sq ft of N)). Then, I'll backpack spray the Dimension and water it all in (unless it will rain and I time it right). I saw a few months pop up in the back, too, when I mowed last Friday. Think I'm gonna look for a tow-behind sprayer. lol

Last edited by bosstones; 06-25-2019 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0