Garage List
2015 Yamaha FZ-09  [10.00]
2018 BMW S1000XR   [9.83]
2018 BMW R1200RT  [10.00]
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel445 View Post
Have members that have ordered vehicles had issues as to the value of their trades? If one is quoted a trade value and delivery of the new vehicle takes 3 to 4 months, have the dealers adjusted your trade value? If not, did they specify that vehicle has to be under a specific mileage and have no additional issues from the time of appraisal to the time of actual delivery of new vehicle?
Kel, My dealer did commit to a firm trade value upon taking my deposit (they did not even have an allocation at the time) that was decently above other dealers in my area. There was no limit on the number of miles, condition, etc. I'm out of state so they did not even look at my car, although I did buy it from them 26 months before placing my order. But, if something were to happen (ie: accident) I'm not sure how I'd deal with that so I'm keeping my mileage low when possible.

No other dealers I talked to were willing to lock in the trade value for an ordered car, much less at above market. I think this was their way of giving me a decent discount to MSRP as a returning (3rd car) customer.

The other nice thing about this is that while I'm making lease payments on my current car, the depreciation portion of the payment will just go right back in my pocket as it reduces the buyout of the car from BMWFS, creating more 'equity' in their fixed trade value.

Last edited by SpeedyATL; 12-22-2021 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 1