02-24-2021, 07:43 AM   #39
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
By next month lots of G80 M3 and G82 M4 cars will be sitting on BMW M dealers lots: HEA cars (HEA = Händler-Erst-Ausstattung = dealer demo cars).

If dealers pay for those cars, those cars are considered "sold" in the BMW books.

But then follows the litmus test: dealers finding customers for those HEA cars and attracting new sales (or channel potential customers to other BMW or BMW M cars).

Let's wait and see what happens next.
Its not a perfect comparison and I haven't been back to my dealership in a few months but when I was there for service, I wondered around the showroom and there was not a 4 series to be seen (but there were 2 series, 3 series, 5 series, 7 series and 8 series as well as the various SAVs. But there is a small additional showroom upstairs that is not well known and hard to find. I was bored waiting so I took the elevator up and lo and behold, among the cars hidden up there were two 4 series.

My impression/guess is that the dealership decided it was not a good idea to show it off but had it upstairs in case anyone specifically asked.

BTW...INMO it is not any better looking in person. It does look better on an all black and blacked out car as it makes it harder to see it.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25084.50