12-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
lukej
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
I think I can give you some pieces of idea.
I was with F13 for 5 years. The first two years two F13 650i (N63 and N63tu) and the last 3 years F13 M6 (S63tu). Lease was up month ago and I switched to M4 Coupe with CP.

M6: A sport-luxury car with amazing power and torque. The most beautiful BMW ever made IMO and so classy. My car was in SO/BLK and had DCT with full leather and executive package in addition to 20" 343M rims. It is a great feeling when you are in rolling race and could smoke almost every car including many exotic cars... but she is a big heavy car. You must be very careful on rainy/snowy days even with DSC fully ON. On sunny days MDM is ok as long as you know the car is not that much nimble to be managed on corners if you want to push it to the limit. I would say it's a monster highway cruiser. DO NOT TURN DSC OFF with this monster, she is extremely dangerous. If you lose the control it's almost impossible to get her back to the road. Not a track car at all !

M4: A truly fun car. More sporty, less luxury and much more nimble. about 600lb lighter and 10" shorter (length). You have fully control on the car even in MDM mode on rainy days. My M4 has Manual Transmission so it's even more fun to drive. M4 does not have some options such as soft close door or electrical steering wheel adjustment, but you really don't need them as daily base usage. I mean it's not a big deal at all. She is a good car on track BTW.

The seat is so sporty compare to comfortable seats on M6. Doesn't have 20 way adjustment even the head rest is not adjustable but it's designed the way is supposed to be for a sport car. It's hard to judge which seat is better but again I believe each one is good for the car it's designed for.

Exhaust note is not as good as V8 S63tu on M6 but the CP has new exhaust and sounds much better than regular M4.

I personally like the 666M rims on M4 CP more than 343M on M6 and also the black exhaust tips beside the more aggressive front look of M4 compare to M6; however the rear look of M6 is amazing. CF and M-calipers on both car look so nice.

To me they are two different cars both are carrying the same "M Badge" but completely different animals. Oh one more thing, believe it or not, M4 has more room on back seat; however has smaller trunk and obviously smaller hood because of smaller engine.

Just keep in mind shits always happen. On my M6 I had them replaced both the rear differential and clutch set and 3 times entire brake set including rotors and pads. This brake issue is because of heavy weight; so if you drive the cars the way I drive them and push them to the limit, make sure you have some monies in your packet for rotors and pads since starting 2017 model BMW free maintenance program no longer cover brakes.

So if you are looking for a sport-luxury car with more luxurious characteristic, M6 is the one will meet your expectation and like I said it's a monster. I still miss my M6, but I wish the next generation of M6 is smaller, lighter with more usable power/torque.

Thanks so much for all the info,, very helpful from all that replied ..

I'll keep you guys posted if I order one...

Merry Christmas to all ,, be safe out there !

2. I’m not an (EXPERT) I’m just here with an opinion. So
don’t hate me. (lukej)
Appreciate 0