tomr1985
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadow Edition

Garage List
Replace F31 340i with Tesla Model 3

I need some help…

I currently own a 2018 340i touring, shadow edition, adaptive suspension, MPPSK and a few other bits, owned from new, 52k miles.

I also own a 2006 911 C2S, manual, so much fun to drive!

EVs have been added to the company car list at work and I am considering a Tesla Model 3 long range to replace the 340i.

Factoring in depreciation, tax, maintenance, fuel etc. they are both going to cost me £450-500/month over the next few years.

The 340i is out of warranty, if something fails then that is going to push it to be the more expensive option, however I have been mechanical sympathetic with it and it has been mostly motorway miles (52k miles and still no brake pad light) - so major issues are low risk. I also like the idea of a company car and not being as precious with it. My wife likes that too!!!

I test drove a Model 3 today and was very impressed. Very quick, refined and strangely felt lighter and handled better than the 340i.

I like the idea of having a super modern daily driver and a very analogue weekend toy, as the Model 3 seems to make the 911 feel more old school and even more enjoyable - but… I think the 340i has so much more character and presence.

What would you do?…

This will also be posted on the 911uk forum , as I am interested a mixed views.
Appreciate 0