View Single Post
      07-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
TheoFromKenmore
Rep
Drives: 2019 G02 X4M40I

2013 F12 650ix wont upshift in Sport+

Hi All,

forgive any formatting errors im new to posting on forums and sorry for the long post I just want to give as many details as possible...

A few weeks back I decided that I wanted to make more power in my 2013 F12 BMW 650i xDrive N63TU, so I purchased an OTS Stage 1 93 Octane map from Bootmod3. I have used Bootmod in the past on not one, but two BMW X3's and never had any issues, so I thought it was a no brainer to use them for my 650.

I Flashed my ECU with the tune and definitely noticed the power upgrade, However there was one problem. The car no longer automatically shifted in Sport + mode. I contacted Bootmod3 support and they said they've never experienced a problem with the transmission on this car and they don't offer a transmission tune because it should be fast enough.

Some Notes:
  • Car shifted normally prior to tune
  • I don't have any check engine lights, I even diagnosed the car with an OBDII code reader and found nothing
  • Shift problem only occurs when in sport + mode AND you floor the gas otherwise it shifts fine if you just cruise up to speed
  • I can manually shift the car using the paddles or the gear selector
  • Transmission works fine and shifts properly in every other drive mode even when hammerd on gas pedal
  • I have since removed the Tune, Flashed to stock ECU and even relocked the DME, and the problem still persists

any ideas as to why this is happening and or how to fix it?

Thank you !!
Appreciate 0