07-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #73
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
So...seems like nothing has changed. The M3 is still the benchmark because it does what it's always done, be the best car overall. The hardcore enthusiast might disagree with that but the fact is, the M3 isn't a track-built car, it's a practical car that could be used on the track.

I don't think there is any doubt that any manufacturer could engineer something better than it's competition if they focused on it. Unfortunately for Cadillac, they focused everything on the chassis and neglected other parts. To me, this win can be put together with all the wins from all the others regardless if they lost out on chassis points because at the end of the day, it seems like the M3 is still the best overall car.
I would say a lot has changed. Probably the first time the M3 has been compared to a Cadillac (or anyone) where the M3 needs the interior and interior controls for the win. Then if you care most about the chassis the "M3 isn't track-built car" and you should by a Cadillac, never would have guessed it.