07-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #301
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Based on my experience with Ford products. My new Raptor had had endless problems. Garbage exterior paint, interior trim looks like it was painted with rattle can and chips easily, cam phaser engine issue, door handle falling off, interior trim panels coming loose. I am convinced the issue is luxury vehicle owners expect more and complain more hence quality reports. But our german autos and even Range Rover have been better. Go sit in a 100k f-250 and tell me the quality is good. Endless plastic trim, poor fit and finish, etc. Dont even start about dealership quality! How is that for substantiated?
LOL, then why did you buy a Raptor in the first place?

An F250 is a work truck regardless of price. I have a friend who traded in a Range Rover for a Chevy Suburban because the Rover was in the shop so often.

The N52 had cam phaser issues too, but it sounds cool... VANOS.

I had a BMW dealership tell me my 23,000-mile E86 needed $1,200 of new rear suspension parts because it wasn't possible to align the rear end; they were fishing for a CarMax warranty they thought I had.

I can go on if you'd like...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0