cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
We skated harm free through Sandy but its something Ill never forget in my lifetime. The wind howling down the street like the grim reaper coming for its victim and the transformers going out one by one lighting up the sky in a green apocalypse.

My grandparents shore house got wiped out though, which I had hoped would be mine one day.
It was horrible. We did ok other than some roof shingles and power outages. I was only 3 blocks from the water but we have a park as a buffer. A few blocks over, the houses go right down to the water. They were told to evacuate but most didn’t. My SO had his police radio with him. I will never forget the frantic calls coming through as water rose. People went up to 2nd floor and the roof and were trapped. Power lines went down so the FD could get them out. One family was literally swept away as a wave went into their house and pulled them out. The husband and daughter died. The wife was found floating on some debris. Houses were reduced to rubble. All this in walking distance from my house.

I always said the only thing I want before I die is a house on the water. Sandy made me reconsider.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615256.00
Littlebear3509.50
Tommy-G4488.50