Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

[QUOTE=Kr0m3assass1n;26256255]
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkit24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK KILLER View Post
Not so long ago, I took the M8 Cabrio and drove about a week. This is no longer an "M" car - it's just a very comfortable and damn fast car. Philosophy M simply does not work here. You no longer have tension, your fingers on your hands no longer sweat, lack of a sense of speed and passion. Plus, I find this car ugly. The M6 looks elegant. A form that never grow old. See for yourself

Well put, brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkit24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK KILLER View Post
Not so long ago, I took the M8 Cabrio and drove about a week. This is no longer an "M" car - it's just a very comfortable and damn fast car. Philosophy M simply does not work here. You no longer have tension, your fingers on your hands no longer sweat, lack of a sense of speed and passion. Plus, I find this car ugly. The M6 looks elegant. A form that never grow old. See for yourself

SO. MUCH. TRUTH.

I was in the market for a new car the past few months and considered the M550i, F90 M5, M850i GC, F06 M6 and shockingly an E63S AMG. My dailies are an F10 535 & F15 X5 . Ended up with the M6 myself and haven't had one regret. Most of the F series BMWs just have some of the cleanest, yet aggressive body lines in recent BMW history. I really can't seem to "connect" with any new BMW look since. I mean, just look at my bone stock 5 series.

I went on a "spirited" drive in my M6 this weekend and for the first time, I felt the tension and sweaty hands that you described in my own car. Absolutely worth it.
Well said. My problem is where do we go from here - as in 5 years from now? We are a family of 4 so a sedan is a must and nothing moves the needle for me like a bmw sedan - so its m5 or m8....
Appreciate 0