View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 12:15 PM   #130
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

...This is a post I never dreamt I would be making but it's now my reality and I can finally bring myself to move forward. I will try to keep this as short as possible both for the sake of the readers and for me reliving this nightmare, but on Aug. 11th my car was totaled while on the turnpike, all while coincidently being en route to get more performance work done on the car. And before anyone jumps the gun, I was not racing, speeding, or even cited for the incident. Literally just a freak accident that caused me to hit the concrete barrier 5 separate times (insane). No one was hurt and I was in the car by myself. Yes, in the grand scheme of things that's the most important but to say I was out of my mind directly after is an understatement. SICK!

I thought about posting photos of the car but I think I'm going to leave the thread as is and not end this build with the car essentially being "dead".

So, obviously the next steps were to proceed; Insurance, adjusters, body shops etc. I knew at the scene that the car was totaled. Or at least damaged beyond me wanting it repaired and back to me. It would've been too sketchy with a high performance car that was pieced back together IMO. But, obviously insurance had to make that assessment. And they did. It was 20k worth of damage alone just in the rear of the car. All in all it was roughly 46k of repairs which of course led to the car being deemed a total loss. A couple good things to note; I actually received more $ for the car than what I paid for it 3 years ago! What a market we're in. Also, my uncle owns a body shop so I had it towed there and was able to salvage a decent amount of parts that were in perfect shape. Anything that wasn't stayed with the car.

So now (or really maybe 3 days after the accident) I was back on the hunt for a car. Played around with jumping into a RS7 but I decided that I was not done with this S63tu platform and quickly adjusted my mindset to find another M6GC. Options were scarce..really scarce. I needed all of the options I previously had + low-ish miles and a well maintained/conditioned car. Oh and color; Silverstone, white or san marino. Well, that left me with pretty much one car on the market which was across the country in Cali. The car seemed clean and well maintained but I still had a PPI done from a local BMW dealership which happened to only be 2 miles from the company selling the car. The car checked out just great outside of needing new tires and a new battery. So I closed the deal and on Sept. 2nd my new M6 arrived to me;
2015 M6 Competition
24k miles
Full Leather
Driver Assist
Exec Package
CF trim
B&O
141k MSRP

The original owner beefed the MSRP up by adding black grills, M pedals, a carbon fiber shift knob and the M performance electronic wheel to their build spec. All great options but I will be putting my M performance non electronic wheel back on in place of the electronic one (will sell it in marketplace).

You probably guessed that I'm not wasting anytime getting my car back to my stanards and you're absolutely correct;
-New battery has been installed & coded to the car
-Front bumper goes in for paint tomorrow (it honestly could be touched up with Dr color chip but I'm a bit anal and rather it have it perfect to start as the rest of the car is mint - outside of needing me to paint correct/coat it)
-Directly after paint, it goes off for about 3 weeks to get back to stage 2+ plus some other goodies. I'm doing everything I previously had done on the last M6 along with some other things I always intended to do but hadn't gotten to yet..Hints: louder and more aesthetically pleasing imo.

So to wrap this up...although it was devastating to lose my m6, I'm more glad that I'm alive and whole. And I will once again have a nicely modded M6 that I'll love all over again. I'll post it's progress here instead of starting a new thread.
Appreciate 3
HeyKC101.50
ind_can98.00