View Single Post
      01-27-2018, 09:29 PM   #5
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

OP, I don't have the M6, but can share some opinions from the F12 650i... In short, go for it, man!

I commute to project consulting work about 100mi once or twice each week and then do a little over 500mi on Saturdays to see my little girl. (all on Brit motorways). No opinion on "wind noise"; mine's a vert.

The 650i is almost perfect for me, but I would now like to have the M6 for various personal reasons. I don't regret the 650i purchase per se, but I think the M6 would suit my driving style even better. I will say, most of my driving is in Sport and I replace tires/pads often.

I'm happy though that I went with all the "adaptive this and that, blah, blah, blah" suspension options. Gives me something to play with between Shell V-Power fill ups. lol Probably would've saved on tires (tyres?) and wheels if I didn't go with the 20"s; but again.. oh well.

(Forget that the 640d would be the economical choice for my purposes... I didn't buy a 6 Series for economy.)

Overall, I've learned that if it's just a toy and I can afford it... why not have it. Life is too short.

ymmv.. good luck.
Appreciate 0