View Single Post
      08-29-2019, 05:35 PM   #14
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

I would like to thank the many members who share experiences here. I have been looking for warranty coverage and wanted to pass along what I've found. I have a 2016 GC MT with 15K miles. The dealer quoted me about $5100 for 5 years/ 60K miles from now, no deductible at the dealer but $100 elsewhere. That was from The Warranty Group. The BMW branded coverage for 7 years and 70K (?) miles was $8K and change, with the 7 years timed from the date of manufacture. They recommended the TWG product.

I also called Delta Auto Protect, and they eventually came down to $3500 for their everything-but-maintenance plan. 5yrs/60K miles, plus a free oil change (reimbursed up to $300), all OEM parts, valid at any dealer or ASE mechanic, and zero deductible anywhere. There were higher mileage packages, but I did not need that. This seemed like a good deal and I signed up. There is a 30 cancellation period in case anyone knows of a better deal. if you are trying to get the same thing you'll have to bargain a little. I said I was not ready to sign up in response to the first quote, as I had calls out to other insurers. That happened a couple times and the terms improved substantially. YMMV, but this seemed competitive with the offers others have reported here.
Appreciate 0