View Single Post
      07-28-2021, 09:07 AM   #73
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Everything scientific discovery that is now fact started with a theory. Without theories we would never have scientific achievements, we would never learn or grow. People want to talk about not having proof of the big bang, proof of expansion, well there is no "proof" of God or any creator either, so to say one cant be real while saying the other is, is hypocritical and naïve. I don't think it's any less likely that the universe was created from nothing and evolution is how we came to exist as it is God created the universe and all life. Maybe God is the universe and we are just part of its cycle? We don't know.

Even with all of our theories, discoveries, tests, books, facts, opinions, etc about the universe, we haven't even scratched the surface. We don't even know if there is an end to the universe, all we know about is the observable universe because we can't see beyond it with our currently technology. If we reached the edge of what we know as the observable universe, would it just keep going? We don't know, and I honestly don't think we ever will know.

The idea that space is infinite just blows my mind. The human mind can't truly comprehend something that never ends.

This whole thread had me wondering if, say one day we can travel to intergalactic space, could we survive? Could an object made of matter even travel through intergalactic space where they say theres less than one atom per cubic meter?
Appreciate 0