10-27-2021, 03:25 PM   #23
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
I wouldn't say they are exploding often, certainly not on a stock setup, but when increasing power, the weak points start to show their face, especially when the traction is true and that power meets the pavement.

I purchased for peace of mind. Just as fluid usually will find the path of least resistance, a 900hp (if one has built to that level, of course) engine vibration will find the path of least support. BMW didn't design the components to support that amount of power. Many build the engines and forget to beef up the other supporting components.

+1 Agreed 100%. I try to warn about the 2nd, 3rd order effects of modifying for power gains. The quote about water finding a way very succinctly spells it out.

I bought mine to protect against the potential 8000+ dollar calamity of replacing the rear, axles, shaft etc.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0